On Saturday, April 25, 2015 Nepal was hit by a 7.9 magnitude earthquake. Death tolls have reached the thousands, and people are scrambling to create temporary shelter in the midst of hundreds of aftershocks. Through Churches Helping Churches, you can help support the relief effort and rebuilding of churches in Nepal.
We are working with several vibrant, Christ-exalting churches in Nepal, and these churches are beacons of hope for the lost and hurting, especially since the earthquake. Your gift will go directly to these churches as they meet the physical and spiritual needs of their devastated communities.
Churches Helping Churches is focusing its efforts in three areas:
Meeting the immediate physical needs of Nepali churches and those coming to them for assistance. This includes securing the necessities:
- Medical Assistance
Rebuilding the church buildings, and the homes of local church families.
- 120 homes in Kathmandu & nearby regions
- 4 church buildings needing repairs
- 4 church buildings need to be rebuilt
- Orphan home needs to be built to house children orphaned in the quake
Ongoing support for the needs that arise as we move forward:
- Caring for orphaned children coming forward after the earthquake
- Supporting widows who are considered a curse in the Hindu religion, and are seeking help from these churches.
- Providing medical support